01. About Me
Hello there! I’m Radison, a creative leader, project manager, computer science student, and professional photographer. My interest in digital technology started back in middle school when I tinkered with microcontrollers and competed in FIRST LEGO League competitions — it turns out you can learn a lot from bits of plastic and expensive servos.
Fast-forward to today, where I’ve had the privilege of working at a R1 research university, a department of the U.S. government, a U.S. Senate campaign, a start-up, and an event management group. Nowadays, you’ll find me relentlessly building and operationally leading Pulqra, a creative marketing collective with over 200 collaborations worldwide.
I’m also juggling quite a few responsibilities at the University of Illinois Chicago. For starters, I am studying computer science and business full-time (with a 4.0 GPA, whoop!). I also project manage and work directly with 6+ software developers under the College of Engineering. Together we've developed over 10 full-stack web applications used by 1000's on campus.
Making an impact is part of my DNA, especially when it comes to personal projects. I recently gave two distinct 300-level guest lectures at UIC about Exploding Chickens — a popular web-based card game I built with my friends. We dove deep into project management, design patterns, code review, and test coverage.
Exploding Chickens fanned the flames (literally) and acted as a springboard for both my professional skills and further projects down the line. I now independently host 10 web services, 2 web products generating revenue, and 5 organizational members who help make these ideas a reality.
In my spare time, I love to building things with my hands (woodworking, small electronics), volunteering in the community, and competing in endurance triathlons. Just this past summer, I finished 214th out of 2,456 in the Chicago Triathlon, Olympic distance — my first ever multisport race.
Where I've Worked
Lasting impacts. Pushing things further.
Project Manager & Software Engineer @ University of Illinois Chicago
Sep 2021 - Present // Chicago, IL
- Managed a team of 7 web developers working on over 10 large-scale, full-stack web applications
- Developed and maintained custom full-stack web applications on Nuxt, Laravel, Vue/React, SQL, used by 3,000+ users
- Integrated new project management software (Paymo) and maintained framework templates/documentation in Github
- Single-handedly developed and published a Shibboleth (SAML SSO) to Express (Node.js) authentication package on npm
- Drafted and enforced university IT policies and procedures, identified data risks across all 500+ faculty and staff
Executive Operations Director @ Pulqra
Mar 2020 - Present // United States
- Co-built and operationally led Pulqra, a mission-capitalist creative marketing collective
- Reimagined businesses and artists by designing over 5 commercial websites and social portfolios from scratch
- Rendered services to over 200 clients worldwide — from photography to social media management to copywriting
Digital Lead @ Steven Olikara for U.S. Senate
May 2022 - Sep 2022 // Milwaukee, WI
- Completely rebuilt campaign website from the ground up using Nuxt, Tailwinds, visited by 1,000’s of Wisconsinites daily
- Secured sensitive campaign data and digital infrastructure against cyber attacks using Cloudflare, NGP VAN, Informr
- Worked with a team of web developers and content creators to rapidly push media; took photographs in the field
Web Security Intern @ U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Oct 2021 - Jun 2022 // Remote
- Penetration tested dmeinterns.org using Wireshark, SQLmap, and other web scanning tools, evaluated WordPress plugins
- Created strict security standards for 250+ interns, conducted phishing campaigns on all website users
- Educated other VA departments on password protocol and breach prevention through Slack
Software Engineering Intern @ University of Illinois Chicago
Jun 2021 - Sep 2021 // Chicago, IL
- Maintained and redesigned a custom space-and-access management system using Laravel, Vue, SQL
- Created new documentation and issue reporting standards with Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, increasing readability by 3-fold
- Presented projects to university admin and trained faculty/staff on application usage regularly (via MS Teams, Calendly)
Other Neat Stuff
Mighty projects. Huge breadth.
May blow your socks off.
Space and Key
A full-stack web app streamlining data entry between physical accesses and spaces
An inventory management and purchase order platform built for small packaging warehouses
RAkerman Pace Clock
A pair of meshed swim pace clocks built using neopixel segments and Particle.io microcontrollers